KS0437 EASY Plug Shield for Micro:bit V1.0
The BBC micro:bit is a powerful handheld, fully programmable, computer designed by the BBC. It was designed to encourage children to get actively involved in technical activities, like coding and electronics.
It features a 5x5 LED Matrix, two integrated push buttons, a compass, Accelerometer, and Bluetooth. It supports the PXT graphical programming interface developed by Microsoft and can be used under Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and many other operating systems without downloading additional compiler.
It's what you've been waiting for, the keyestudio EASY Plug Shield for micro:bit V1.0. It’s pretty easy to insert the micro:bit main board into the EASY Plug Shield for DIY experiments.
This EASY Plug Shield has been designed to offer an easy way to connect additional circuits and sensor/module hardware by 7 golden edge connectors or 10 EASY plug interfaces (RJ11-6P6C ) .
You can tinker with your EASY Plug Shield for micro:bit without worrying too much about doing something wrong.
The EASY Plug Shield comes with 4 WS2812 LEDS, controlled by P9 on micro:bit control board; a Passive buzzer controlled by P0.
Onboard also comes with 2 slide switches; one is Power_Switch for controlling power supply; the other is Voltmeter_Switch for controlling the V-pin voltage (3.3V or 5V) of EASY plug interface.
There are 3 kinds of power supply:
- Direct to connect the two 14500 lithium batteries on the back of EASY Plug Shield;
- Power Supply by micro USB port (5V);
- Connect the two 2.54mm pin headers (POWER) to 5V 1A power supply
EASY Plug Shield is equipped with the RJ11 6P6C interface. It can use with keyestudio sensors/modules with RJ11 6P6C interface.
If users have sensors/modules of other brands, which is also equipped with the RJ11 6P6C interface but has different internal line sequence, CANNOT use compatibly with keyestudio EASY Plug Shield.
- Power supply: two 14500 lithium batteries or DC 5V input
- Interface: RJ11 6P6C ; golden edge connectors
- Dimensions: 97mm*65mm*34mm
EASY plug Interface
EASY plug interface indications:
- G: GND
- V: Voltmeter_Switch control: slide to 5V side, 5V; slide to 3.3V side, 3.3V
- I2C Communication pin
- SDA: P20
- SCL: P19
- SPI Communication pin
- MOSI: P15
- MISO: P14
- SCK: P13
Insert the micro:bit main board firmly into the EASY Plug Shield. Supply the power with two 14500 lithium batteries.
Send the test code to make 4 WS2812 LEDS on the EASY Plug Shield show different light colors.
- Download relevant datasheet and code: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N3jGl21M5HavQO111PQ_SqRzn9dTVzZU
- BBC micro:bit website
- Micro:bit MakeCode Block Editor
- Meet micro:bit starter programming
- BBC micro:bit Features Guide
- BBC micro:bit Safety Warnings
- BBC micro:bit Quick Start Guide
- BBC micro:bit Pins